Re: Alignment settings - 1999 Honda Civic Si

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Alignment settings - 1999 Honda Civic Si
From: Chris Shenefield <shenec@ohinter.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 09:43:04 -0400
Regarding the alignment settings of the 99 Civic Si, the only thing
adjustable is toe.  Getting camber out of the car is only possible by
bending the stock parts or maybe modified bushing, which are both
illegal in Stock.  I considered racing the 99 Civic Si, but I didn't
because I believe the inability to change the camber in the front is a
difficult hurdle to overcome, and playing with the tolerances to get
camber won't do much.  If the Civic has more than stock camber, then we
know it is illegal.  The good news is that the Si has more negative
camber than the Ex, but it still isn't that much.  (Mental note to
myself:  Buy a good camber gauge for Nationals.)

Still there is an argument to running the Si.  It has alot of hp, and
the suspension is a good one!  In fact, autocrossing is just about the
only thing the Si isn't good for.  I would buy one in a second for road
racing or a daily driver.  Honda makes great cars.  I can't wait for the
S2000!

Good luck,
Chris Shenefield

1994 Toyota Celica GT (ES #28)