Re: How to start a class (wordy)

To: "Team.Net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: How to start a class (wordy)
From: Paul Czarnecki <oblique@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 1999 09:45:30 -0400
>> Many of us who run
>> National Tours and Pro Solos also run Nationals in September. In my
>> thinking, if I'm going to build a car, it's not going to be one that I can't
>> go for a National Championship in, in Topeka. I'm sure someone like Vince
>> and Matt and a variety of other very good, and serious competitors would
>> like to run for their own National Championship, and not get bumped to CSP
>> or ESP where they would never have a chance in ST form.
>
>I don't dis-agree, but if they are serious about running a car at
>Nationals, they should not have picked that class. It is not SCCA's
>fault...they clearly announced those conditions up front.  (And they
>accepted them by default by participating)  I agree with you in
>priciple, but I do not agree that the SCCA should take a black eye for
>it, which was really my only point.

On the other hand, maybe Vince and Matt are very serious about winning the
first ST chanmpionship and they both wanted the extra year development time
over the rest of the field.  Sounds like a great long term plan to me.

pZ
--
Paul Czarnecki

Please visit my website at http://www.customline.com/ride99 and take a
moment to help me do something to change the world.