Cushy job at Nationals

To: "Team.Net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Cushy job at Nationals
From: Rocky Entriken <RENTRIKEN/0003006623@MCIMAIL.COM>
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 1999 23:11:22 -0500 (EST)
If it is a cushy work assignment you want at the Solo II Nationals, this
isn't it, but if you like to write I could use your help as part of the crew
providing the coverage for SportsCar Magazine.

This is an open invitation to Team.Net members to help provide the SportsCar
coverage of the event. We use a carrot-and-stick approach to get the horses
we need. The carrots are:
   1-This counts as your work assignment, and
   2-You do NOT have to work on the days you run.
The sticks are:
   1-I prefer people who are there all four days, and
   2-you have to get stories back to me within a week (Sept. 24 deadline).

And because of that tight timeframe - we are actually doing all this AFTER
the magazine's copy deadline - no one should have to write up more than two
classes (Open and Ladies considered as one class, one story). The basic job
is to be there when your assigned classes are running, get a couple of quotes
from the winners or other key players, and (likely after you get home) write
a story of 400-500 words. Then you e-mail it to me, I edit it, do the fact
checking, perhaps plug in some historical perspective, and send it to the
magazine. I also take care of preparing all the results for publication, so
you do not have to do that.

In recent years, I have solicited exclusively from Team.Net, both because
people here tend to be somewhat literate and because you have the e-mail
capability to meet a short deadline. Proven skill or writing experience is
not necessary. I have an allotment of 20 workers, 10 on Tuesday-Wednesday
(Thu-Fri drivers), 10 on Thursday-Friday (Tue-Wed drivers). I still have
places open for about four people on each shift. While I prefer people there
all four days, if you will be there just the two days you run and would like
to be considered, please apply.

I will confirm acceptances in a few weeks. Even if you have not heard back
from me yet, if you are sending in your entry, where it asks for worker
assignment check the "Other" box and write "SportsCar" on the line.

If you can be part of the crew this year, please respond to this post
telling:
   1. Your name
   2. Mailing address
   3. Phone Numbers (Home and Work)
   4. e-mail address
   5. Your class, days you run  (see schedule below)
   6. What day you plan to arrive, leave Topeka
   7. Any preferences for classes you want to cover
   8. Give me a second-choice work assignment in case this doesn't work out

Story assignments will not be made until after the class groupings are
announced in late August. I try to accommodate requests and succeed more
often than not.

Let me hear from you soon!

--Rocky Entriken
  Chief of Writers

     ~~~~Tue-Wed~~~~              ~~~~Thu-Fri~~~~
     SS  ASP  AP  AM              CS  DSP  CP  DM
     AS  BSP  BP  BM              DS  ESP  EP  FM
     BS  CSP  DP  CM              ES
                  EM              FS
                 F125             GS
                                  HS