F-body info...

To: autox list <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: F-body info...
From: Jeff Cashmore <cashmo@execpc.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 1999 12:21:03 -0500
Dave Shreve was asking about F-body cars.  I'm looking at FS for next
year and can tell you what I've found from the most helpful group of
current FS'rs.

89-92's, get the dual cat Camaro 1LE/Firebird Formula (Pontiac's are
more plentiful).  5.7 ltr auto vs 5.0 ltr 5 speed not that different.
Cars turn better (1.5 deg camber).  No ABS.

93+, 1LE not really needed, has ABS but they don't turn as well (.7 deg
camber), LS-1 sure would help but not necessary ($$$).  See 1999 Nat's
results, Priebe again. :)

T-tops are a no-no in all of the above.  Popular shocks are Koni's or
Bilsteins.  Kumho's popular because of contingency/life expectancy.  New
Cobra with IRS may have the advantage on bumpy surfaces like Topeka.
Then again, it may not.
--
Jeff Cashmore
http://www.execpc.com/~cashmo/wai.html = Wisconsin Autocrossers Inc