Evansville Nat Tour courses

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Evansville Nat Tour courses
From: TeamZ3@aol.com
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 1999 20:34:38 EDT
The claim that the Evansville courses were *power* courses is incorrect.
Yes, there were some great places to go fast, but the reason a class like A
Stock gets beat by B & C Stock is because the courses are speed maintenance
oriented.  The ability to carry speed around sweeping corners and tightly
placed offsets on a slippery surface can often outway straightline speed.
Not having to slow down as much has it's benefits and top-notch drivers like
Priebe & Braun made maximum use of the advantage.  This year's courses were
similar to last year's, and if memory serves me right Jeff Cashmore had PAX
FTD in an HS Celica in 98.

BTW, I attended Meridian, Dallas-Ft Worth, and Evansville Tour events.  All
events had great courses in their own right, but of the three I have to vote
the Evansville courses as No. 1 for '99.  Sunday's back section was a hoot;
overall a total driving pleasure!  Just goes to show that a razz-ma-tazz busy
conefest (some call it technical, I think BS is a better description) isn't
needed to have an equalizing course design.

M Sipe