Re: Official MOWOG 4 schedule and Classes

To: autox@autox.team.net, cbaye@visi.com
Subject: Re: Official MOWOG 4 schedule and Classes
From: washburn <washburn@dwave.net>
Date: Mon, 05 Jul 1999 11:56:09 -0500
Chris Baye wrote:

> 2. The driver meetings for each session will start on time and the rest
> of the schedule for each session may move up if things move faster. If
> the AM session finishes early great; but, the afternoon session will
> still start at the scheduled time.

This will be an interesting excersize, I think it is a great idea to try
something diferent.  One thing I've noticed that may help:  At National
events, they are notorious for starting exactly on time.  They
constantly announce to everyone how long it is until the drivers
meeting/start of runs begins.  Starting at around 25 minutes before,
they will announce at 5 minute intervals, then closer as it gets under
10 minutes left. It makes it hard to say you didn't know when the
meeting was!  We don't have an effective means of communication with the
paddock however.  Didn't we used to have a PA?

They also have a countdown clock between run groups.  This is again
announced often during the time as "about 7 minutes to start time so if
you havn't checked in for your work assignment, you have about 7 minutes
to do so...."  Maybe we could have a 10 or 15 minute "shot clock"
between run groups, and you have to be checked in for your work
assignment by this time.  If this is announced and is well known up
front, it may make changovers faster, or at least more predictable.

Just some observations from the SCCA events.
--
Patrick Washburn <washburn@dwave.net>
Wausau, WI     Land of Cheese