Close Call -or- Autox Practice for Pedestrians

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Close Call -or- Autox Practice for Pedestrians
From: Gemery@aol.com
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 1999 16:05:26 EDT
While going home via bus at lunch to pick
up a car for this evening, I was nearly run over!

Behind me I heard a motor rev as though the clutch was thrown in
and then a thump.  My autox experience caused me to run without
looking back until I'd cleared a driveway.  Red Honda was rolling
out of the driveway cut, proceeding on his merry way after
impacting the curb a car length behind me!

I don't THINK he was trying to hit me (low profile performance
tires are too spendy to pop like that!) and luckily he was only
doing 25-30 mph.

George Emery
gemery@aol.com
http://members.aol.com/gemery