DTN

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: DTN
From: "Jeff Dutkofski" <ApexL8@airmail.net>
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 1999 16:20:26 -0500
List,

My vote for DTN goes to Gary Meissner.

A short note about Gary.  I think that if it were not for Gary, I would
not be interested in autox today.  Gary "mentored" me while I was
living in the Chicago area, although if you asked him, he probably
wouldn't say he did anything special.  Gary helped me with parts
and advice in setting up my first autox car, a Cavalier in GS.  He
even helped me recently locate an engine for my current autox car
in progress.

Gary truly will do anything to help a fellow driver.  I remember after I
purchased a set of wheels and tires from him, he was very helpful in
working with me to find the right tire pressures and line through the
course (this was my first exposure to "R" compound tires).  Again,
if you asked Gary, he probably would say that he did nothing
special in helping me get through the learning curve.

I have seen Gary in action -- he is a good driver, excellent in all
areas of car setup, and always willing to help out a competitor with
advice on driving or car setup.  He also demonstrates excellent
stewardship skills during an event.  I have seen him finish a run and
then run over to T&S to help correct a problem with the PA system
or the timing equipment.

I could cite numerous other examples and should have posted this
to team.net to let others know about Gary and the great job he
does, but I have been lurking on list and reading digests weeks and
days after they have been received.

Thanks!

-jeff dutkofski
Fort Worth, TX