Re: PROPOSAL: Super Street Touring Class

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: PROPOSAL: Super Street Touring Class
From: Gemery@aol.com
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 1999 12:55:57 EDT
Joshua Hadler wrote:
>       Show of hands, for those still reading this thread. If SST were
>created, would you take it to nationals?

I don't think this is the right arena to ask this question.  As a percentage
of total readership, there aren't enough drag enthusiasts to matter.
Better would be to take a survey at a drag strip of the target audience.

In general, my feelings on SST fall into the category of "if it happens,
do it within the existing Street Touring class such that there is a logical
upgrade path".  Unfortunately the only logical exit is Modified, rather
than Prepared.  Perhaps a split exit between ST-->SST-->M and
ST-->SP depending on whether one turboes or swaps the motor.

The main reason why I'd support SST in the long run is if the
low-end SP turbo cars (e.g. those not in ASP) aren't collected together
under the SP reclass proposal and allowed simple mods like blow-off
valves.  If SP goes that route, then there is much less reason to
have SST.

George Emery
gemery@aol.com
http://members.aol.com/gemery