Re: RCasual driving on R tires

To: "Steve Hoult" <moreboost@mr2sc.com>, "Moore, John" <jmoore@spyglass.com>,
Subject: Re: RCasual driving on R tires
From: "Eric Linnhoff" <eric10mm@qni.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 16:11:55 -0500
>> Of course there's always the off-chance that you may run over a nail
but
>> the chances of that are the same chances that you take in everyday
>> driving.
>
>A street tire that is half worn out has a much better chance of running
over
>a nail and surviving then a brand new G-Force or Hoosier. The R tires
will
>pick them up easier and will puncture easier as well.
============================
This brings up a question that I've been meaning to ask for a while now.
How many folks have had the displeasure of getting a nail or some
similar object stuck in their race tires and had them patched/plugged?
Did you continue to race on them after they were repaired?  Why or why
not?

>> Basically, forget about it and use the extra time that you would have
>> spent changing tires each day to rest or walk the course again.
>
>How I would love to, but my budget doesn't let me loaf. I just have to
get
>up earlier to get what I need done. Since tires are SO expensive (I
won't be
>buying G-Force again!) for us bottom feeding racers I'm real protective
of
>them....
============================
If it worries you that much then leave your car at the site and bum a
ride from someone else.  Honestly though, I think you're worrying a bit
too much.  I know plenty of folks who drive around on Saturday evenings
(during a two day event) with Toyos (me), Kumhos, BFGs (old & new), and
Hoosiers.

I know that I can make better use of my time by walking the course
several more times or getting more sleep after staying out at the bars
until 3 AM.  (That's what a good friend does for ya.)  ;^)

See you on course.

Eric Linnhoff in KC
#69DS    TLS #13
'98 Neon R/T
<eric10mm@qni.com>

Patrick Henry:
"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone
who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it
but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined."

Benjamin Franklin:
"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary
safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."