Re: C&C mods in stock...

To: "Jeff Blankenship" <jblanken@itds.com>, <ronbauer@aa.net>
Subject: Re: C&C mods in stock...
From: "Eric Linnhoff" <eric10mm@qni.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 09:00:16 -0500
Do people that drive the car in a "normal" environment have a
>> problem with their motor mounts breaking, or is this exclusive to
people
>> that compete in their cars?
>
>I used to think it only happend to yahoos, but then it happened to me.
;^)
>I didn't know it had gone for sure until a friend who knows looked and
told
>me.  I just knew that it felt sloppy.  So I'd bet lots of them are
broken
>and the owners don't even realize it.  Word on the list is they last
~10k.
=========================
A good indicator of a failed FMM might also be the dreaded "exhaust
donut squeak" problem.

At least it was on my car.  Several times.  The dealership finally gave
in some time last year and replaced the FMM when I also came in with the
exhaust donut squeak.  Think about it, the FMM tears and allows the
engine to rock to and fro and subsequently exert excess movement on the
exhaust donut thereby making it move around and squeak.

BTW, my last FMM and exhaust donut repairs only lasted 3 weeks.  Oh
well, back to the dealership again.  (Just smile and act like nothing's
wrong.)

See you on course.

Eric Linnhoff in KC
#69DS    TLS #13
'98 Neon R/T
<eric10mm@qni.com>

Patrick Henry:
"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone
who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it
but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined."

Benjamin Franklin:
"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary
safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."