Re: Neon ACR and the SCCA

To: "Jason Bowles" <jbowles@carol.net>, "Karl Witt" <kwitt@shore.net>
Subject: Re: Neon ACR and the SCCA
From: "Eric Linnhoff" <eric10mm@qni.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 1999 12:39:54 -0500
>> It's not that other companies are too stupid to put out a better race
car,
>> it's that they didn't skimp on the overall product quality and
>> craftsmanship to save a few bucks to R&D some stiffer springs =)
How's that
>> resale value? ;) See...the other manufacturers are saving their
CUSTOMERS
>> money by building cars whose retail value doesn't tank to 1/3 of
original
>> in the first year! So it's you who should be upset, because Chrylser
>> screwed YOU! ;) ;)

>I didnt buy my car for resale value. people who do this are the ones
that
>trade in thier car every year for the new model. I am going to keep
mine
>until I cant race it anymore.
>
>Jason
I agree with Jason here.  Resale value is not even a consideration when
I buy a car.  Initial cost, fun to own, and reliability are the only
real factors in my purchases.  When you're younger there's also the
"chick factor" to consider.  The only reason that Honda's have better
resale values in the long run is that they cost way more up front.

Part of the "fun to own" factor is that it didn't cost a whole lot of
money up front.  A paid off early car is always more fun (and can be
played with more extensively) than one that is still being paid for.

Besides, by the time I can actually afford to road race my car, not only
will it be paid off but it'll be elligible for the Improved Touring
classes.  Trunk kits be damned then.  ;^)

See you on course.

Eric Linnhoff in KC
#69DS    TLS #13
'98 Neon R/T
<eric10mm@qni.com>

Mustang Sally,
guess you better slow your Mustang down.
"Mustang Sally" by Wilson Pickett