Re: Large course design questions

To: Mike Bultemeier <hottvr@tfs.net>
Subject: Re: Large course design questions
From: Joshua Hadler <jhadler@rmi.net>
Date: Fri, 14 May 1999 11:28:16 -0700
Mike Bultemeier wrote:

> Very good point, I thought of this also. Imagine what would happen if the
>twenty
>
> second rule was used. The H Stock Tuga LZ on street tires leaves the line for
> his 80 second run. Behind him waiting to start is a B-Mod Ralt Atlantic!
>
> Woops, big problem coming

        Yup, I meant to mention this. Never used a fixed time to stagger cars.
The starter also        has to be aware of the cars that are going out on
course. Otherwise, you'll be finding a red-flag situation, and granting
'em both re-runs anyway. That's if the course workers are quick enough
and the Mod driver doesn't see the rolling obstacle in front of their path.

-Josh2

--
Joshua Hadler    '74 914 2.0 CSP/Bi - Hooligan Racing #29 - CONIVOR
                 '87 Quantum Syncro - aka stealth quattro

jhadler@rmi.net
http://rainbow.rmi.net/~jhadler/