Re: wasting gates

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: wasting gates
From: Mark Todd <marktodd@internet8.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 08:40:42 -0700
richard nicholls wrote:

>...the SVO in SP legal trim *even under the proposed new
>rule* can make more power than I can use in autoxing.

I'd love to see you build such an animal as you describe.
As soon as people start doing this and the SVO dominates
whichever class it's currently in -- reclass it!

>But is it *right* to impose an exhaust limitation on
>turbocars that aren't imposed on supercharged or n/a
>cars?  No to that.

Exactly.  The SCCA's mindset would be to punish all turbo
cars because you built yourself a bomb, rather than just
moving you to BSP/ASP/whatever.

I spent MONTHS designing and building a turbo outlet and
downpipe for my car - specifically designed to help control
boost creep.  Many more months have been spent trying to
devise more legal exhaust system changes to control creep.
All those brain cells could have been spent much better on
gaining raw HP in EMod.  This is where I am at this point.

I have given up any national aspirations.  I have not renewed
my SCCA membership.  I will now have FUN with my car in
EMod without having to worry about rules.  It's liberating.

Mark Todd
#323 EMod
Ostensibly Legal Racing Team