99 cougar classification

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: 99 cougar classification
From: joshlocklear@juno.com
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 15:50:56 -0400
Has anyone heard the classification for the new '99 Mercury Cougar?  I
have a copy of the '99 rule book, but it doesn't seem to be included.  I
know there are both 4 and 6 cylinder versions.  I was really wondering
about the 4 cylinder specifically, because I competed against one in HS
yesterday, and it's times seemed to "break out" from the other cars in
the class.  It would seem to me that this car might be classed in DS or
ES with other similar 4-cylinder "sporty" cars.  Any help would be
appreciated.

Thanks,
Josh Locklear
Toyota Camry