Re: DSM Problem

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: DSM Problem
From: dg50@daimlerchrysler.com
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 1999 10:29:30 -0500
Mtnman3620@aol.com wrote:

> Sunday at a local warm-up event, I was coming through a left-hand sweeper at
> speed (~40-45mph) when a HUGE 'shuddering' occurred, like the tire was rolling
> over

I've noticed a couple of times on the old R1s that if I drastically overdrove a
corner, I'd get this nasty judder as I dragged a plowing tire across the track
surface.

It went sorta like this - turn, squeal, slide, judder.

I don't know if this is the same thing that you're experiencing, but I always
understood it as the tire screaming "too fast for this turn, you moron!" at the
top of its lung.

DG