Re: DSM problem/Miata ailment

To: Mtnman3620@aol.com
Subject: Re: DSM problem/Miata ailment
From: Jeff Blankenship <jblanken@itds.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 16:56:38 CST
Daniel Ledford writes:

> I do have konis on the car.

Konis - you make me jealous.  :-(   My credit cards are trying to hide deeper
in my wallet, I feel them squirming around.  And Scotty is pleading, "They
just can't take any more, Cap'n!"  Damn, that cabin fever must be making me
delirious again...

> I kinda feel that it may have been the inside
> tread blocks rubbing on the suspension arm.  I know the clearance is very,
> very close.  At any rate, that's approximately how fast/rapid the vibrations
> were, like rubbing something over a tire's tread at speed.

You could be right.  If that was happening, you should be able to find shiny
spot(s) on the suspension (or fender) where the tire rubbed.  Check, and with
luck the mystery will be solved.  You might even be able to  solve the
problem if you haven't used up the 1/4" offset allowance yet.  A little
spacer, or wheels with a bit different offset should give you enough
clearance.
--
Jeffrey D. Blankenship                          Senior Technical Consultant
jblanken@itds.com                               ITDS - TRIS