Re: DSM problem/Miata ailment

To: Mtnman3620@aol.com
Subject: Re: DSM problem/Miata ailment
From: Jeff Blankenship <jblanken@itds.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 14:44:02 CST
> Sunday at a local warm-up event, I was coming through a left-hand sweeper at
> speed (~40-45mph) when a HUGE 'shuddering' occurred, like the tire was
> rolling over (very high rate of vibration, not in the steering wheel
> either).  It was so violent that I remember looking at the side view
> mirrors shaking so bad
> that I couldn't see any images in the driver's side. I am running on new,
> shaved R1s on the front (that's where I think the vibration was coming from).

Sounds a little like what Katie Kelly described.  The very few times I've felt
something like that, my only theory was that I was bottoming out the outside
front suspension and bouncing on the bump stop.  I never found anything
physically wrong with the car or tires.  I wonder if Konis would help.  I
wish I could afford to find out.  :^(
--
Jeffrey D. Blankenship                          Senior Technical Consultant
jblanken@itds.com                               ITDS - TRIS