Re: Course design/speed limits

To: Jay Mitchell <jemitchell@compuserve.com>
Subject: Re: Course design/speed limits
From: Pat Kelly <lollipop@ricochet.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 1999 15:08:10 -0800
Just to add another perspective:
    Since classes combine cars of varied power and size in one group,
like perhaps, AP, for example, where the HP can range from 70hp to 140
plus, and more (albeit on lightweight to more than lightweight chassis),
a course that is very fast, as was the San Diego design, IMO, favors the
cars with more horsepower.
    I'm not quite sure how the SEB or any of the rule-making bodies
consider a "basic" course when combining cars into classes; but course
design can affect the event's results. One some events the high hp cars
will win, one others, the smaller more agile cars will win. However, at
nationals, the course designs should not favor one over the other.
    Have no idea on how to achieve that ideal, just throwing it into the
thought pot.
--Pat Kelly