Re: Stock Car Advice

To: Paul Foster <pfoster@gdi.net>, "team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Stock Car Advice
From: Craig Blome <cblome@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 15:07:54 -0800 (PST)
I'm not sure about advice, but I'm happy to offer rank
speculation...

The biggest question marks in BS right now are the 6
speed Miata and the upcoming Toyota MR-Spyder.  The 6
speed is supposed to become available on regular
Miatas, but no one seems to know when.  Estimates I've
heard range from this summer to MY 2001.  The MR-Spyder
looks on paper like possible competition for the Miata,
but it is impossible to say until someone drives it
whether it will be a dog or class killer, or neither.

I dunno if the Sports package is a must-have, there are
a couple of '99's doing quite well locally without it.
Want ABS with your sports suspension?  Buy a leather
package (according to the build tag it gets the sport
suspension but no Bilsteins).

If it were me?  I'd buy a '94 or '95 Miata to run while
I waited to see what happens next season.

hth,
Craig Blome
Texas Spokes SCC, Austin, TX

PS 6'4" makes a Miata a tight fit; but I have seen Jim
McKamey drive my car and turn his usual obscenely low
times on the school course.  How does the man fit in an
A Mod car, anyway?

--- Paul Foster <pfoster@gdi.net> wrote:

> I know all about the 968 and M030 suspensions (and I
> know approximately
> where Matt Murray lives), but I need to know about
> the other two.

Do You Yahoo!?