Stock Car Advice

To: "team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Stock Car Advice
From: Paul Foster <pfoster@gdi.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 14:47:32 -0500
Greetings!

I'm looking for a daily commuter/autocrosser. But I am in a kickass mood
so I thought I'd buy a good autocrosser for a change. ;-) Also, I just
moved to Orlando so a convertible would be nice...

Here is my short list:

Mazda Miata
Honda Whatever-its-called (the new Cabrio)
Porsche 968

I know all about the 968 and M030 suspensions (and I know approximately
where Matt Murray lives), but I need to know about the other two.

I heard through the grapevine that the obvious car - the 1999 with the
Sport Package - may not be the way to go. What other years/options
should I consider or do you think the '99 Sport will eventually win out?
Or am I better off waiting awhile and see who/what comes out on top? Or
should I save my pennies and gamble on the new Honda when it comes out?

Also, I am nearly 6'4" with a very big head - just ask around if you
don't already know. Will I fit in the Miata?

I am on the digest so please feel free to send me a response directly.
Otherwise, I'll read it the next day.

TIA

Paul Foster