Breaking out of the Comfort Zones

To: autox@autox.team.net, ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Breaking out of the Comfort Zones
From: "Kelly, Katie" <kkelly@spss.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 13:44:47 -0800
Hello all,

Here's a great article about the necessity to break out of your comfort
zones. Yes, it's about swimming, but I think it transfers to just about
everything, even autocross. It's really short.

http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/Loge/4516/lib/comfzone.htm

The author, Emitte Hines, a master's swim coach down in Houston, says that
probably the biggest obstacle in our roads to success is the fear of
failure. He writes, "And we all know, but rarely admit to ourselves, that
the real 'consequences' of failure are truly inconsequential and usually
short-lived."

Anyway, knowing that is KEY, so I just want to pass on this article to
everyone. See if you can make it apply to autocrossing and your life, maybe.

later,
Katie Kelly
Technical Publications
SPSS Bay Area