Re: New Mini

To: Jeffrey Lloyd <jslz3@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: New Mini
From: John Lieberman <johnlee@softdisk.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 17:29:41 -0800
Hey, Jeff

I posted a little bit on this last week.  I met a guy who's an exec
with Daimler/Chrysler.  His father is working on that motor.  He's
supposed to be sending me specs on it, but I haven't seen anything
yet.  I erred in my original post, though.  It's not a
1.8-liter...it's a 1.6.  And it will only be used, initially, in
export Neons.  To my knowledge, that's the only component the export
Neon will share with the new Mini.  I wouldn't hold my breath for a
summer release, though.  I understand that Rover is asking for some
big government subsidy to keep its Longbridge plant open.  Right now,
that's where the current model Mini is made.

BTW, this year marks the 40th anniversary of the Mini and they've got
a big week-long celebration planned in the UK.  Long live the Car of
the Century!  8<{)

John (Old Fartz & TLS #37) Lieberman