Re: Rabid Rulebook Lawyers

To: scott_phelps@england.gdt1.com
Subject: Re: Rabid Rulebook Lawyers
From: Randy Chase <randyc2@home.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 07:15:25 -0800
Consider than many team.netters have been on-line for a long time. They
have seen many good and some great threads about car set-up and driving
tips. I know I have saved a lot of those messages!

But how many times can we discuss "look ahead" or "you need more
negative camber"? So a new team.netter sees the latest discussion and
considers it represents the sport. It does not. Someone else posted that
there is a very good aspect of this, we kind of post some possible idea
and then it is discussed. I know I have learned a lot from these
discussions, even the tedious ones.

This one thread about mirrors has surprised me a bit about the lack of
application of logic. But I also think a lot of good points were raised.
And yes, it would be a performance advantage. And it doesn't matter if
it is a small advantage. The rules do not mention relative "weenieness"
of the protest.

Locally...no one probably cares. Even if you run nationals and finish in
the back, no one cares. *MOST* autocrossers I have met will not care,
they will just beat you anyway. 8) But I would not remove my mirror.

And someone mentioned the pompousness of the Autocross superstars at
national events. I couldn't disagree more. I have never seen a sport
(and I participate in other sports) that has so many friendly and
generous people, specially at the top echelons.

So forget the weenie image, but also try to be legal.

Randy Chase (what the season is almost here????)
'91 MR2 CS