RE: Herstory / Nascar/ Ace reporter future plans?

To: "'Mike Bultemeier'" <hottvr@tfs.net>, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Herstory / Nascar/ Ace reporter future plans?
From: "Gambony, Jim" <jim.gambony@eds.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 1999 10:50:54 -0600
Re:  Lynn St James in Nascar

Personally, if she could convince a typically "male" sponsor (DeWalt,
Craftsman, etc) to sponsor her car... it'd make the effort that much better.
You know that if Sears/Craftsman is putting their name on a car they're
gonna do what it takes to make it a winner.  Until it's a proven... how much
support do you think a VS type company would give their team?

'cause if someone like a Lynn St James can go an beat them good ol' boys at
their game you know the bubbas in the racing world will have to take notice.
And maybe their wives/girlfriends/daughters will start watching the races
with the guys...  hoping to see the bubbas get beat by a woman.   And
realize it's possible.

O Brave New World!

Jim

ps... I personally think that this should be our "Ace's" goal... she's about
the same age as Jeff Gordon (good reaction times), has both parents involved
in racing (plenty of moral support), and successful autocross experience in
quick cars (Lotii  doesn't get better than that!).   It'd be a natural!!
Katie, set up a race team name and tell us where to send the $$$.