Re: Civic Si - Classing guesses?

To: autox@autox.team.net, washburn@dwave.net, cblome@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: Civic Si - Classing guesses?
From: "Tim Malzahn" <tmalzahn@tnmnetworks.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 20:12:26 -0600
However, with the GS-R, you have to drive the thing like you are seriously mad
at it. There is not much power below 6000 rpm. In fact at an event last summer,
the course was so tight that I ended up driving in first gear for the entire
run. I was on the rev limiter  (8200 rpm) almost the entire way and dropped two
seconds off of my best time for the day. I assume you need to drive the Civic
SI similarly. Here are the engine specs from the brochures:
Civic SI - 160hp@7600 - 111lb.-ft@7000 4.40 final drive - 2612 lbs
Civic SI - 26 mm front - 15 mm rear sway bars  - 15" wheels (no width shown)
GS-R - 170hp@7600 - 128lb.-ft@6200 4.40 final drive - 2672 lbs (coupe)
GS-R - 24 mm front - 14 mm rear sway bars - 15 x 6.0 wheels
(note the larger sway bars on the Civic)

>>> Craig Blome <cblome@yahoo.com> 01/28/99 08:19AM >>>
It's a bit weak compared to the Integra GS-R:

Civic Si --      160 hp@7600 rpm, 111 lb-ft@7000 rpm
Integra GS-R --  170 hp@7600 rpm, 128 lb-ft@6200 rpm

But, given SCAC's conservative approach, I agree it could get put in GS.

Craig Blome

Tim Malzahn <tmalzahn@tnmnetworks.com> wrote:

> I bet it gets classed in GS like the Integra GS-R. Almost the same
power and handling. However, if it stays in ES, it might be an
interesting car.