Neon wheel weights revisited

Subject: Neon wheel weights revisited
From: "Eric Linnhoff" <eric10mm@qni.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 09:44:53 -0600
Howdy all.

Since American racing screwed we Neon racers by changing the offset of their
AR24 wheels from a Stock class legal 35mm offset to an illegal 33mm offset
I've been looking at another of their wheels, the Quattro.

It is available in the nice 35mm offset BUT, it weighs a whopping 2 pounds
more than the AR24 wheels.  14 pounds for the AR24 vs. 16 pounds for the
Quattro.

Question:  Will the extra 2 pounds make a noticable difference in times or
handling to the top guns driving Neons in DS?

I probably would never notice a difference except the extra weight may help
keep me from broiling the tires so badly upon corner exits.  ;^)

See you on course.

Eric Linnhoff in KC
#69DS    TLS #13
'98 Neon R/T