Re: Your street wheel and tire thoughts

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Your street wheel and tire thoughts
From: DirtyDogg1@aol.com
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 19:04:01 EST
In a message dated 1/27/99 1:23:39 PM Central Standard Time, bret@serv.net
writes:

<< I am seeking opinions on the Toyo Proxes FZ4 and PURE wheels.  I'm
 considering purchasing a set of these wheels with these tires mounted and
 am curious to hear any comments anyone might have.

 These will be bolted to my faithful Miata for use as street wheels.  The
 Pure wheels in question are 16 x 7.5, behemoth for a Miata, I know.  the
 tires are 205/45/16. >>

I myself have the Toyo FZ4's--205/40/ZR17, mounted obviously on a set of 17''
rims.  Previously I had a set of BFG Euro T/A's of the same size/width.
Comparing these 2  weels for handling, the Toyo FZ4's absolutely _SUCK_ in
comparision.  The FZ4's roll over extremely bad in any kind of slightly-
harder-than-normal cornering, even in a 40 series tire.  As for straight line
performance, they are about the same as the Euro T/A's, even with the
traction-sucking nitrous engaged.  Although in the rain, these tires perform,
in my opinion, exellent.  The Euro T/A's are HORRIBLE in the rain.
Hope this helps,
Bryan
90 Integra