Re: MX-1,2 or 4?

To: Eric Linnhoff <eric10mm@qni.com>
Subject: Re: MX-1,2 or 4?
From: Jamie Sculerati <jamies@mrj.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 18:59:35 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 25 Jan 1999, Eric Linnhoff wrote:

> Hey all, crazy question.  Did Mazda ever make a MX-1,2 or 4 car?  I know
> that the MX-3 is the little 2 door hatchback that could be ordered with a
> small V6 (2.0liters?), the MX-5 is the Miata and the MX-6 is the sport
> version of the 626.

1.8l V-6, actually.  I don't remember a -1,2, or 4 -- although there were
RX cars with those designations (yes, also an RX-3 -- but not a -5 or -6).

> Now to my point.  Are the little MX-3s with the V6s good performers?  Either
> on or off of the autocross courses?  I kinda thought that the MX-3s might be
> good in whatever class they're in (DS, ES, GS or HS?) if they were developed
> properly.  Or possibly even the SP classes?

Actually, the hot MX-3s for awhile were the 4-cyl models which ran down in
H-Stock.  I think Jeff Reitmeir's little sister ran one for a couple of
years with some success.

Jamie
'92 Prelude Si
http://www.mindspring.com/~jsculerati/sdr/