Re: 18" rubber? Talk amongst yerselves ;-)

To: nw_autox-l@eskimo.com, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 18" rubber? Talk amongst yerselves ;-)
From: "Jeff Winchell" <Jeff@Winchell.Com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 09:19:36 -0800
From:                   "Scotty *BOB* White" <we2fat4asp@seanet.com>

>    Most people accompany a *joke* with a *;-)*
I used the <g,d&r> that has been used for years on CompuServe.
Perhaps it never made the transition to the net. It stands for grinning,
ducking and running.

 >If you were kidding, I
> apologise for insulting you, it was only my attention to return in kind.
> Please make sure your intentions are known in the future to avoid such
> missunderstandings ;-)

Sounds good. E-mail is much less effective than face-to-face or even
the phone.

> Not that it matters, but you'll find Saleens on page 143 of the 1999
> SCCA Solo I/II rules (or whatever page it is on any other year's
> edition of the SCCA Solo II rules). The S281 and S351 Saleens are in
> SuperStock
>
>    Really? And what size tires come on these 2 models? Are the 18"
>    standard or optional? I am sincere here.

On the '98s, you have an option of getting 245/40/ZR18's on 18x8.5s
on the front and 295/35/ZR18's on 18x10s on the rear.

On the 99's, 18" wheels are standard with 19" as an option (this
month's Mustang Monthly reports this). I had brochures with all the
details about their tire/wheels/IRS on the 99 Saleens, but they're
buried somewhere in my office. Also, because of the vagaries of the
rules, the supercharged version of the S281 (the numbers in their
model names stands for cubic engines) isn't allowed in SuperStock,
but the more powerful non-supercharged S351 is.