Re: FM Parity Proposal

To: qre-shadow@juno.com
Subject: Re: FM Parity Proposal
From: Rm84fm@aol.com
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 1999 15:00:02 EST
In a message dated 1/23/99 1:27:16 PM Central Standard Time, qre-
shadow@juno.com writes:

> Rick
>
>  I would imagine when you say that F500 mods have already begun you mean
>  the requirement that F500s use a 34mm carburetor. That's the only GCR
>  change and that was done when the class was formed. This change was
>  mandated by the SEB because they THOUGHT(sorry 'bout the caps) it would
>  slow the F500s relative to the F440s. No one ever did testing at that
>  time to prove that theory, they just went ahead and did it. Sound
>  familiar?
>
>  QRE has done the testing since and I'll leave it at that!
>
>  I understand your thoughts on returning to DMod. At the moment, I can't
>  think of an argument to keep you here if that's really what you want to
>  do. I am open to discussion(except as noted in my other posts) on your
>  situation whichever direction you choose.
>

>  Art

Art -

Yea, I think that's the change.  Sounds like you were a little frustrated w/
the SEB too, but in our case it's lack thereof!!!   I know people get tired of
hearing about this FM Parity thang - but you know what they say, "the squeaky
wheel gets the grease."  Maybe the SVee crowd hasn't squeaked enough, in the
past nor present.  The SVee is an excellent platform for cost-effective
trills.  It's just too bad they've been so poorly classed by SCCA.  When was
the last time a Vee won a National Championship in any class? Well, I believe
it was Davie Looman in CM, 1978.  Actually, Joyce won several Championships in
both CML and DML though the 1980s.

As far as moving back to DM, thanks for the support, now all we need is the
support of the DM competitors, the MAC, and the SEB.  WOW - that a LOT of
support.

Anyway - it's always good hearing from you.  Take Care...

Rick