Re: FM Parity Proposal

To: Rm84fm@aol.com
Subject: Re: FM Parity Proposal
From: "A. E Trier" <qre-shadow@juno.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 1999 14:24:51 -0500
Rick

I would imagine when you say that F500 mods have already begun you mean
the requirement that F500s use a 34mm carburetor. That's the only GCR
change and that was done when the class was formed. This change was
mandated by the SEB because they THOUGHT(sorry 'bout the caps) it would
slow the F500s relative to the F440s. No one ever did testing at that
time to prove that theory, they just went ahead and did it. Sound
familiar?

QRE has done the testing since and I'll leave it at that!

I understand your thoughts on returning to DMod. At the moment, I can't
think of an argument to keep you here if that's really what you want to
do. I am open to discussion(except as noted in my other posts) on your
situation whichever direction you choose.

Art

>Hi Art,
>
>Well we're back at it again. Can you believe it?
>
>Really - I do understand and accept the alteration thing.  However,
>it's my
>understanding that alterations on the Solo version of the F5 have
>already
>begun (but openly admit not being an expert on F5s).  It's because of
>mine
>acceptance (and other SV guys) of no alterations to the F5 that have
>caused us
>to kicked around returning to DM or even creating a VMod class.  The
>winning
>DM time and the fastest Vee were VERY close (I think about 0.002 sec)
>at the
>last couple of Nationals.  Whether there would be enough SV
>participation to
>create a VM class I believe is doubtful.  Personnally, I'd support a
>move back
>to DM.  Unfortunately for the SVs, everyone in FM has had such strong
>and
>diverse opinions that no progress has been made at making FM work for
>both car
>classes.  I just hope something works out soon.
>
>Keep in touch...
>
>Rick McClure

A. E. Trier
QRE-SHADOW