Tire Rack carries Kumho's - was tire musings

To: "Moore, John" <jmoore@spyglass.com>, "Team.Net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tire Rack carries Kumho's - was tire musings
From: Bill Ozinga <oz@tirerack.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 99 14:28:24 -0600
It is now official, we do carry Kumho's. We're going to be handling the V700
Victoracer distribution in the US, with CUT handling trackside sales and
service. For non-trackside purchase, they will all come thru us (or a wholesale
customer of ours). We'll be stocking them in all three warehouses (Indiana,
Deleware and Nevada). There's still some details to work out, but I from what I
know Kumho will be handling the contingency program.

We've received quite a few sizes already, with the rest due here by the end of
the month (No 225/50-24 but it is in the works - I have no eta yet).

The address on our web site is http://www.tirerack.com/tires/kumho.html
Tires can be purchased online or by phone.

I'll have to find something new to argue about Scotty B. about :-) And now that
I've moved from Indiana to Michigan I don't feel as obligated to have Hoosiers
on the car. Hmmmm, what a decision...BFG, Hoosier, Kumho.

On a somewhat related note...

Wešve been nominated for a Webby Award in the commerce division, hailed as the
"Oscars of the Internet," by the San Francisco Chronicle. We're one of five,
the others are Amazon.com, CDNow, eBay and GapOnline. See
http://www.webbyawards.com/best/

If you want to vote for the underdog in their "People's Voice Award", go to
http://www.webbyawards.com/peoples/register.phtml

I figure we should be able to beat Amazon.com - heck, they don't even make
money!

jmoore@spyglass.com said

>I too have called CUT several times to get Kumho's and just get a response
>of "the shipment is not here yet, we dont know when it is coming and we dont
>know what it will contain". I called the Tire Rack today and put in my
>order. The size I need will be in on Jan 22. I think I found my source for
>buying my Kumho's.
>
>BTW, is there a Kumho contingency program?
>
>John Moore

Bill Ozinga - webmaster@tirerack.com
Webmaster - The Tire Rack
http://www.tirerack.com