Kumho'a at Tire Rack, YIPPEE!!!!

To: "team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Kumho'a at Tire Rack, YIPPEE!!!!
From: "Jeff Cawthorne" <zo7vette@san.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 1999 11:17:17 -0800
C.U.T has no idea when they will by getting their tires, so I to, called
Tire Rack, and Voila they had my tires in stock and they are on their way.
2 positives: they're in stock now, at least the 275's, and they are $10 a
tire cheaper, but the negatives: they charge for shipping and for shaving.
My total ended up being $16 more than from C.U.T, plus I wont be having
these shaved, but I will have them in a week to ten days.  Shaving the tires
on a Corvette doesn't really make to big of a difference, and besides I will
get more runs out of them, and they are actually the fastest when they have
tread on them.  I hate to have cancelled my order with C.U.T, but they have
no idea when their shipment will be in.

Thanks to those who posted that the Tire Rack had them in stock, I am really
tired of running on my first set that I ran in 97, you sure do get your
money's worth out of them.  I have well over a 100 runs on each of the 2
sets that I have run, it's amazing that I have only had two sets of tires on
this car in the year and a half that I have been racing it.  And no, I
haven't been skipping any events, I did miss a couple, but only a couple
back in 97, I ran every event in 98 plus a NCCC event in Big Bear.  The
larger sized Kumho's seem to last forever, and are extremely fast when they
have tread on them.  As soon as those blocks disappear, in the center tread,
then that is when they start to get sucky.

Jeff Cawthorne
92 SS Corvette
San Diego