Re: Pro/National Series

To: Teamdotnet <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Pro/National Series
From: "Mark J. Andy" <marka@telerama.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 1999 08:24:34 -0500 (EST)
Howdy,

In regard to Pro ladies classes getting more money than Pro Open...

On Thu, 14 Jan 1999, Matt Murray wrote:
> Isn't this reverse discrimination? Hate to nitpick, but...
> > SCCA money for each Open Pro Series class is $150 1st, $100 2nd.  $50 3rd if
> > 6+ drivers.
> >
> > Pro Ladies class money is $275 1st, $175, $150, $125, $100 5th, sponsored by
> > Honda.

It looks to me like Pro Ladies got a sponsor and Pro Open didn't.  Not
discrimination, just a difference in marketing.

Now, it seems to me that this is a clear indication that having a ladies
class seperate from the open class is just diluting the sponsor pool and
further blows away the argument that the ladies classes are a 'novice' or
'lower pressure' class before the women go to the open class, but who am I
to judge.

Mark