Re: Which radios to buy?

To: fredonna@cswnet.com, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Which radios to buy?
From: DrSideways@aol.com
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 1999 06:48:03 EST
In a message dated 1/13/99 8:38:09 PM Pacific Standard Time,
fredonna@cswnet.com writes:

<< The Arkansas Region is considering new radios.  The discussion centers
 on two main questions.  Which band and rechargeable batteries or
 replaceable batteries?>>

Rechargeable!!  There are some new batteries out now.  The Ni Cads last all
day.  No stops at the store.  We have eight.

 <<If you have relatively new radios, I would like to know what radio
 system you are using and how long the batteries last.  >>

We use the Motorola 1 & 2 watt units.  The 2 watt radio goes in the club van.
(control center)  As long as you take care of them (don't run over them) they
do great.  These are available at Sam's Club & possibly Home Depot.  They have
four channels.  This can come in handy if someone is doing something else
close.  We use the "red dot" channel 99% of the time.

Another Motorola option is the new small units at some of the larger retail
stores.  I'm not sure if they have more than one channel.

When updating your club always buy quality to leave a good legacy.  This goes
for everything from the shoe polish for numbers to the PC for the timer.

Good luck,

Alan Giles

Triad Sports Car Club