Re: 99 classification ringers

To: <autox@triumph.cs.utah.edu>
Subject: Re: 99 classification ringers
From: "Racer---X" <Racer---X@email.msn.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 15:19:30 -0500
<AS Porsche Boxter>

Maybe, but to me, advantage M3

<BS BMW 328 sedan w/Sport Package>
Sounds promising, but still, it's almost a half ton heavier then a Miata. Is
53HP worth 1000 pounds and a higher center of gravity? Not to me.

<ES Honda Civic Si Coupe>
Now this one sounds like a winner. I was unaware that the Civic got a
stiffer suspension this year. If so, then the TOyota has it's work cut out
for it, especially if a Nationally competitive driver makes the switch

<FS Mustang Cobra>
the jury's still WAY out on this one, but the IRS wasn't the major downfall
of the currnet Mustang, but rather the handling balance that Ford chose for
the car. The car could be competitive even WITH the solid axle if properly
tuned. Keep in mind, the F-bodies are nearly the same as the Mustang, ON
PAPER. I remain unconvinced that the IRS will be the Mustang's salvation, as
ford will likely not change the cars' balance, but will try to make it more
comfortable instead.

<GS Everything>
Spin the wheel and you have as good a chance of getting the answer as anyone
else. I think the Type R is yet unproven, and will obliterate the
competition at Nats this year.

<HS Chevy S-10/GMC Sonoma>
Doubtful, but what a concept! Helmet not required, cowboy had and 'driving'
boots are!

        Michael Karp