Re: Scary Moments (Was: Re: Electric Brake Controller)

To: n2pua@cybrtyme.com, jss@marimba.com
Subject: Re: Scary Moments (Was: Re: Electric Brake Controller)
From: SlyFoxRc@aol.com
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 1999 12:03:13 EST
In a message dated 99-01-06 23:13:39 EST, n2pua@cybrtyme.com writes:

<< What, exactly, are
 you using it for, and in what kind of "scary moments?" >>
Scary moments for me when I am trailering is when the
36' TPD trailer behind me that weighs in at about 13,000 lbs
starts to drive the tow vehicle.  Like in big croswinds or
sometimes down a hill with weird trenches in the road.
This is cured immediately by applying the trailer brakes
only with the manual controller, this makes everything
settle down immediately.   Without it you could have a
big thrill as in "rollover".  This problem is much worse
with "Tag" trailers as opposed to fifth wheel or gooseneck
trailers like I have.
Tracy Sandberg
Sly Fox Racing