Snow tires

To: autox@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Snow tires
From: "Brian Naumann" <brn6604@mactac.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 1999 22:40:02 +0000
Thanks for all the input.  The requirements of the SnowFlake series
helped me make the decision to not have them studded.

As for snow-tire brand wars, I got "BFGoodrich Trailmaker Plus" in
155/80/13 for my 89 CRX from a wholesale club for $37 apiece.  I
wasn't looking to spend alot of money, I just needed something more
capable than the no-longer-legal A509s on the car now.  I also got to
"try-before-I-buy" on a friend's identical car, and the performance
was by far good enough for me.

I can't compare them to any of the other brands though, since I've
never driven a car with any kind of snow tires before.  My parents
are firm believers that the all-season tire elimintaes the need for
dedicated snows.  I wrecked enough rims on my Ex-scort to know better
though.

Might see you in South Bend,

Brian Naumann
brn6604@mactac.com