Re: Tubular K Member/Long Tube Headers

To: Jeff Winchell <Jeff@Winchell.Com>
Subject: Re: Tubular K Member/Long Tube Headers
From: Joshua Hadler <jhadler@rmi.net>
Date: Mon, 04 Jan 1999 13:53:20 -0700
Jeff Winchell wrote:

> Sorry, on my previous question change the word "Improved" to Street
> Prepared.

Ah, ok...

> In Improved, can I change the K member so I can put on a particular
> vendor's long tube headers?

"K member"? Is this a part of the chassis or something? Unless it is an
allowable update/backdate or is something that is already covered in the
existing rules. Then no you can't.

Not knowing what kind of car you're talking about, I can only guess. But
assuming that this "K member" is a structural component of the car, and
that there were no models of your car made that have a different or
altered "K member", then no you cannot. If however, there is a car that
is on the same line listing as yours in the street prepared class
listing that has a "K member" that will allow the use of these headers,
and it's installation (the alternate "K member") does not require any
additional cutting, drilling, welding or other method of alteration,
then it's a legal swap.

Good luck...

-Josh2

--
Joshua Hadler    '74 914 2.0 CSP/Bi - Hooligan Racing #29 - CONIVOR
                 '87 Quantum Syncro - aka stealth quattro

jhadler@rmi.net
http://rainbow.rmi.net/~jhadler/