Re: Annual Tow Vehicle Question

To: Andy McKee <andrewmckee@yahoo.com>,
Subject: Re: Annual Tow Vehicle Question
From: whitney <whitneys@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Jan 1999 10:38:04 -0800
We've been using a SOHC V6 explorer (5spd auto), I think it's rated at
about 5800 lbs towing capacity.  Weighs about 4300 lbs.  No  problems at
all with my relatively light load (2500 lb single axle trailer +car).

Great to drive during the week - 20mpg @ 75-80 on the highway (unloaded),
16  in town, 13-14 towing.  Handles much better than the 'big iron'.

I do know that is the combo John Ames used to haul his SS and mustang.

The Durango is another great alternative, worse fuel economy, but more
torque and ground hugging/stable weight.  Plus great room inside for gear..

Good luck
Stan Whitney