considering an FF

To: "AutoX-CModified" <autox-cm@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: considering an FF
From: <gduncan2@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 19:35:25 -0700
Greetings one & all,
    I have been considering a Formula Ford for my next autox car.
In looking for info Dick Rassmussen and Greg Scharnberg pointed
me to this list. Thanks!

The specific car I'll be going to look at on Saturday is an `87 Van Dieman.
This is what I know about the car at this point. The current owner
purchased it at one year old, I believe in England, and had it shipped to the
U.S. after a professional freshen up. It has a very low time engine with I
believe only 2 or 3 road races on it after the original engine lost a
rod/piston
and the whole engine was replaced.

The only negatives I am aware of at this time are,
1) the last time it was on track the right side suspension was damaged
which resulted in,
2) sitting for the last 8~9 years mostly due to medical problems with the
owners eyes and his work involving allot of travel.

So, I'm hoping to get some advise on any specifics that I should ask
and/or look for when checking out the car. I'm assuming that since the
car has been sitting for so long that it should be completely gone
through with all rubber parts replaced with fresh?

Thanks,

Greg Duncan
Tucson, AZ