Re: CM F2000

To: CM <autox-cm@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: CM F2000
From: Sam & Greg Scharnberg <samandgreg@netins.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2003 20:38:49 -0600
I have a 95 Citation SF with a Williams engine.  Last year a MAM, two race
groups were combined and I ran against two very good FFs.  The Fords have
top-of-the-line engines and mine had about 6 weekends on it.  I had the
wings at a shallow attack angle.  Also, thanks to the drivers dimensions,
the car is about 40 lbs heavy.

Going onto the main straight about 20 feet behind the Fords, and drafting
the entire straight (about 2,222 ft.), I was able to pick up 10 to 15 feet
if I entered the main straight correctly.

The fast FC at the event lapped about 4-5 seconds faster than me, but he
pulled away from me in the corners but did not pull away noticeably on the
straights.

Road racing, it does not appear that FCs "gets up and goes alot faster than
a 1600".

Just one driver's opinion so you can take it for what it's worth.  (I have
no intent to autocross the Citation so I don't have a horse in the race)

Sincerely,

Greg Scharnberg
82 Ralt RT5 - BM
95 Citation SF - FC

PS:  No, I do not think an additional 1,000 lbs. added to the Ralt is a
good idea! :-)