Re: Had fun in CM!

To: tyson@irobot.com
Subject: Re: Had fun in CM!
From: Mark Sirota <mark@sirota.org>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 17:26:50 -0400
--On Thursday, September 25, 2003 4:37 PM -0400 tyson@irobot.com wrote:
> Now that I have a car with a working reverse, I do use it frequently (and
> that is part of my motivation for putting the mirrors back on the car).
> But if it wasn't working and wasn't required I don't think I'd put much
> effort into getting it working.

Even after you'd read the rulebook?  Ignorance of the rules isn't much of
an excuse, IMHO.  And then if you don't put much effort in after reading
the rules, then you have CHOSEN to ignore the rule, which is a much larger
offense (IMHO).

For competition purposes in Solo 2, I agree that it makes little
difference.  It's not like in road racing where if you spin and wind up
blocking the track with a wall in front of you, you might want to back up
in a hurry.  But rules are rules.

Mark