RE: Getting used to it...

To: "Sawyer, Kent (Morse TEC Ithaca)" <KSawyer@Morse.bwauto.com>
Subject: RE: Getting used to it...
From: "Patrick Washburn" <washburn@dwave.net>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 12:53:18 -0500
Good note Kent, thanks for the advice.  When re-setting the float level, I
of course had to remove the top of the carb each time.  I did look at the
bowllevel each time, and it did get progressively lower.  I am almost
certain I was below the "beach", as some call it.  I will check again tonight.

My next step I think is to check the valve.  Unfortunately I don;t know of
any other way than to have someone crank the engine, while holding the top
of the carb over a bucket.  (Yes, I will take all safety precautions!)  Is
there a better way to check this valve?

> Is it possible that your needle/seat assy is not closing and sealing
> properly? In addition to float level, you can check the fuel level in the
> float bowl.
> 1) Run the car enough for the fuel level to stabilize in the float bowl.
> 2) Remove the 6 screws that hold on the carb top.
> 3) Lift away the carb top while covering the fuel inlet with your finger to
> prevent additional fuel from siphoning into the bowl.
> 4) the fuel level in the bowl should be just below the bottom of the "kiddie
> pool". By "kiddie pool" I mean the raised floor in the float bowl near where
> the float pivot sits.
>
> Be sure to carefully secure the carb top and fuel line each time you run the
> car to prevent dangerous fuel leaks.
>
> Kent Sawyer

Patrick Washburn
C-Tech Trailer Cabinets