Water gauge question

To: autox-cm@autox.team.net
Subject: Water gauge question
From: "" <lbracing@excite.com>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 17:12:16 -0400 (EDT)
 Amazingly quiet around here; I'd like to think it's due to my short hiatus
from the list--no newbie questions for a couple months--but I'm back, and no
surprise, I have a question or two:

Can I desolder the capillary tube from my water temp gauge, or will that
destroy the tube? I've ordered a new gauge, and was wondering if I can reuse
the tube from my previous gauge (because it is already routed, wrapped, and
installed into the motor), or whether I *must* use the tube that is included
with the new gauge.

Also, if I have to use the new tube, what's the best way to deal with any
excess length?

Thanks in advance, all.

Ross/Paula/Drew Fortini
VanDiemen RF88/89

[You may not recognize the car when you see it, but hopefully *we* look pretty
much the same.]