Race Car Engineering Seminar

To: CM List <autox-cm@autox.team.net>
Subject: Race Car Engineering Seminar
From: Jim and Rose Ann Garry <garryj@localnet.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 22:52:22 -0500
ICP - Citation presents:

Race Car Suspension - Theory and Practice

Where: Comfort Inn, Albany, N.Y.  (Near the airport on Albany-Shaker
Road)
When: 8 am to 6 pm Saturday February 23;
 8 am to noon Sunday February 24
Cost: $250 per student
Contact ICP, Inc.
1717 Expo Lane
Indianapolis, IN  46214
317 273 0089

Course Content:
Theory
Car Set-up
Problem Solving
Race damping
The seminar covers the fundamentals of racecar engineering necessary for
the successful campaigning of any type of race car.  While the language
of data logging systems is used to illustrate the principals taught, the
emphasis is on those principals necessary for successful analysis and
tuning of a cars performance

Included in the cost of the course:
CDs for ICP set-up program
pre-class "homework" material
lunch on Saturday, break snacks

Stephen Lathrop started Citation Engineering in 1974 as the marketing
and manufacturing arm for the Zinc family of race cars -  the Z12
Formula Vee, Z10 Formula Ford, and Z11 Super Vees.  These first cars
were designed primarily by Ed Zinc, with Citation responsible for
production, marketing, and developmental updates.

 In 1976 Citation designed and built the Z14 FSV (a monocoque chassis
Z11).  1978 saw the introduction of the Z16 FF, followed by the 84F
(1984FF), the 84V (1984 FV), 87FF and 87SF (1987) . The last complete
car redesign was the Citation 94 FF and SF.  Design studies are
currently underway for an all-new car to be introduced in 2002.

In 1990, Richard Pare joined up with Steve, and together we formed ICP
to carry on the Citation car building business. With Richard's
experience and contacts from working in the CART and F1 arenas,  we
expanded into the design, development, and manufacture of new and
exclusive racing products.

Over the last 26 years cars from the shops of Citation Engineering and
ICP have won 12 SCCA National Championships and 2 Super Vee
Championships.  Products of ICP design and manufacture have been
integral to the winning of countless other championships, both at the
pro and amateur levels.

A substantial part of ICP's current business is design and engineering
consultants for professional level teams, with customers in CART, ASA,
and NASCAR, and others. These services include both design and
manufacture of custom components and trackside engineering services.

Today ICP manufacturers a small but specialized line of products for
competitors' racing stock cars, sports cars, and open wheel cars, on
ovals and road courses, paved and dirt tracks. Our daily experiences
with a wide and diverse range of racing vehicles constantly shows us new
avenues of potential race car development, and we have ongoing research
programs in many areas of products that show much potential. Our goal is
to provide all of our customers with the most cost-effective solutions
for increasing their cars performance. We pride ourselves on the
technical support we supply our customers.

http://www.variloc.com