Re: Fiberglass molds

To: Hottvr@aol.com, autox-cm@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fiberglass molds
From: Dick Rasmussen <rasmussend@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 03 Jun 2001 18:20:39 -0400
At 02:59 PM 6/3/01 EDT, Hottvr@aol.com wrote:
>Has anyone had experience with making a special glass mold from scratch. I
>want to make a mold for an undertray and a splitter for the March. What do
you
>use to make the mold? Do you start with plywood or something and coat it
>with??
>Any help would be appreciated. The shapes are not very difficult. Mostly
flat
>and
>slightly curved stuff, no compound radiuses.
>
>Next question. What kind of scales are the ones to buy??? I want to build an
>alignment platform that incorporates electronic scales. I want to get
started
>right
>by having a good set. Any ideas????????
>
>Mike(I'd rather build car stuff than drive)B. 99cm

Mike,

Assuming that:

1) You are not as budget limited as I was when I bought my el cheapo
mechanical levers with bathroom scales (similar to Ruggles)set.
2) You will have lots of nearby folk who want to use/rent your scales

Then: see http://www.longacreracing.com

Lots of high quality stuff with lots of price ranges.

Dick Rasmussen
CM 85
85 Van Diemen RF-85 Formula Ford

///