Re: Bilsteins

To: rasmussend@mindspring.com, autox-cm@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Bilsteins
From: CALHOUN65@aol.com
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2001 23:03:36 EST
Dick is correct, a set of good old reliable Bilsteins is not a bad choice.
Esspecially for one new to a car or class.  They are a good quality shock and
re-buildable inexpensively at Bilstein in CA.

That said, I did run OE Reynard Bilsteins on my car up until the 2000 season.
 1600 shocks on the front and 2000 shocks on the rear, which was a common
83/4 Reynard upgrade.

Double adjustable, wizz bang shocks are a nice tool to have.  They are not
the magic cure for an evil handling car and in fact have screwed up more than
a few cars.  As Dick said, w/ Penskes running $725+ per corner for double
adjustables, that's a lot of tires!

Peter Calhoun
Calhoun Motorsports
Reynard FF83/4