Re: [Alpines] FW: New Head Bolts

To: Alpine List <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Alpines] FW: New Head Bolts
From: Mototron <mototron@optonline.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2013 08:24:22 -0400
You have to open up the holes in the head to 7/16"
the stock bolts are 3/8" as well as the gasket
use the stock torque spec on the arp studs
not the arp spec torque
the head will deform under the higher torque spec
and the gasket will blow out sooner
if your motor is stock there is no need to use the larger bolts
and its a bad idea to change the bolts and not remove the head